Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bollywood Genes

Anyone that knows our family, knows that we are HUGE Bollywood fans. You cannot go more than 3 minutes in conversation with one of us and us not relate the talk to either a Bollywood song or movie. I give Dad full credit for instilling Bollywood in each one of us. Instead of going to a restaurant on the weekends, or the movie theater, Dad would go to our nearby Indian Movie rental store, Deep Imports, and rent 2 movies for us to watch as a family. He was a HUGE movie fan. He even skipped school (which is unheard of with his work ethic) to go and see Dev Anand, who was shooting a movie nearby. Poor guy, only ended up seeing the top of Dev Anand's head- Til this day Mom laughs at this story, but I can only feel for his frustration as I can only imagine how irritated I would have been only seeing SRK's head when he was here in San Francisco.

Driving around in Dad's old rust colored Volvo, he was such a music snob. He would play music mostly from Dev Anand movies. Here are two songs that remind me of him. Everytime I hear either of these songs it brings me right back to Dad singing them or him making a comment about how great of an actor Dev Anand was, "No one can beat him". Love Daddio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9oQZQvCQqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQfqq8dcds8

1 comment: