Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inspiration

I've always been inspired by dad's accomplishments. Every time I think I have it bad, I simply think about dad laying there after his family of 8 is sleeping thinking about what he has to do tomorrow to make us believe that life is good. I think back to him sitting in that park he studied in probably because it was the only thing to keep him sane in the chaos around him. I think back to the times he slept in his apartment in Philly exhausted after working over time in that machine shop taking the bus in the snow. He doesn't think much now, but what must he thought when he left that gate at St Xaviers for the last time, his whole life ahead of him having accomplished more than anyone could have imagined of him and yetnnot even scratching the surface of his own potential. It's hard to imagine, but humbling to acknowledge.

Thank you Pat for paying tribute to Dad. I'm sure his reaction would have been something along the lines of, you went WHERE? Safe travels! Looking forward to the stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment