Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day! Daddio!

I just wanted to write this quick post before I head over to Boit to celebrate Dad! Today is Father's Day and I woke up thinking of Dad and what all the past fathers day's were like. Every Sunday Dad would walk over to the local market, and pick up the Sunday Paper for $.25 and those of that wanted our OWN paper would go with him and quickly grab one when he pulled out his. Then we would walk back, sit on the front porch in the warm sun, read the paper together and greet the neighbors! I still love sitting on the porch soaking in the rays greeting the neighbors!

Dad, I just want to say, Thank you for helping me find me and allowing me to be brave enough to do the things in life that I want to do. Thank you for teaching me respect, confidence, pride and perseverance. I am who I am today because of all the little things that you taught us. Today we celebrate you~

Love and miss you,

Anju

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't even read, but I would still go so that I could have my own paper! So funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, this is a great post. Man how simple our lives were then: Sunday paper, mail days, trips to the park. This post brought back some great memories. Thank you so much for it.

    ReplyDelete