Sunday, June 6, 2010

I miss Dad

I actually thought twice before I uploaded these pictures.  Dad looks quite sad and confused in them (reality of ALZ).  My siblings, My Mom have all struggled these last 7 years grappling with this horrid disease, and I think I am just starting to break the ice on how its affected me.  I miss Dad.  Its like a fundamental part of my being is gone.  We all joked and called Dad "The Godfather".  He seemed to always have a solution and a way and he was always my backup plan.  If I fell I knew he would catch us.  Its part of the reason why I did all the crazy things I did in my younger age.   Dad always called me his favorite, not sure why, probably because I always stuck up for my siblings and most probably because I am a lot like him.

Everyone thinks of him as a pretty crazy man.  But he was just so strong.  I have never met anyone as strong as him.  I remember when I got my wisdom teeth pulled in LA, he said he was taking the next flight out to LA to make sure I was okay.   I always felt protected.   

I have been pretty lost these last 7 years as I realize I don't have that backup plan anymore.  My foundation is all gone.   I wonder what life would be like if he was still around...


1 comment:

  1. I wonder how my life would be different if Dad was still mentally with us, everyday. I wonder what Dad would think of my getting laid off, of starting my own company. The advice he would give me. I miss him. He looks very lost in these pics. I guess I don't notice it as much in person.

    ReplyDelete