Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dad's Infamous Lines

Although Dad doesnt say much anymore, besides for Mom's name, and "Om Shankara"- (which we have got to figure out where he got that from), I hear his voice everyday. And everyday I feel like I am making up for his not being there by actually searching for his voice. Whether it's his random quotes, "Khanike rozi nahin, nahaye ka tharke"- which I still dont know means, to singing songs that definied him.

I thought we could keep Dad alive by remembering his most infamous quotes. So reply back with what you remember Dad saying over and over again.

"Dukharan le ayo?" HAHA. That was for Anju & Pankaj :)

5 comments:

  1. "Khaiy ke rozi..." means You don't have a penny to eat, but you are all bathed and ready to go. Story of Dad's life in Calcutta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paisa no kori, beach bazaar mein dora dori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one: Adhee dhare tho kudha kya kaaree..
    Did I get that right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was Aapti mare tho khuda kya kare? But I dont know what an aapti is...haha.

    ReplyDelete