Monday, January 25, 2010

Me as Dad


In sixth grade, most kids are in the mode where they rebel against their parents and want to be nothing like them. I could write a thousand words to describe how I went against the grain in this regard, or simply share this picture of my sixth grade graduation. There I was in 1992, the start of grunge era.

Ruby took one look at this picture and burst into laughter. She said to me, "You look like an engineer."

Indeed. I was wearing one of my father's shirts, had pleated pants on and even had a Parker pen, sans pocket protector, in my pocket. I wanted to be my dad.

Unrelated: i never got beat up in elementary school.

1 comment:

  1. I hold in my possession one of Dad's original Parker pens. Have changed the ink cartridge about a dozen times. And have almost lost it 100. It's my biggest prize possession.

    ReplyDelete