Thursday, January 21, 2010

Om Shankara

Interesting link when I googlged "What does Om Shankara Mean?":

http://allsaivism.tripod.com/shankarameans.html

Shankara or Sankara can also mean sankata + hara, that is he who destroys or ends all difficulties. Sincere prayers to Shankara can be very effective. The Lord is easily pleased with pure devotion and responds immediately. Siva is known for his boon giving nature, which at times causes trouble because when he is pleased he can be very generous even to the evil characters.

2 comments:

  1. Whats interesting to about this is I was at home discussing Om Shankara with mom. I tend to say after dad says it, for support! I theorized that perhaps while dad was living in Calcutta he spent time in some sort of ashram or shelter that this was a common prayer. Dad looked at me and said, "Thats right!" and laughed.

    I'm not sure he even understood what I said, but that could be the explanation.

    ReplyDelete